Celebrating Earth Day with the U.S. Embassy’s First-ever Trashion Contest!
Students, artists, designers, and members of the creative public are called to innovatively design costumes made of used, found or recycled materials that will be displayed at the first-ever Trashion Show sponsored by the U.S. Embassy - an evening of outrageous wearable art and imaginative fashion couture all designed with "trash.” Designs will be judged on the basis of their creativity, visual appeal and wearability (i.e. the finished product does not look like trash but rather inspires spectators to reuse what was thought of as disposable). The first place winner will receive an Ipad; runners-up will receive other exciting prizes! Costumes will be displayed in early June, at a date to be determined. Contest rules are as follows:
- Your creation must be wearable (by the artist or a chosen model) and constitute a significant piece of apparel (i.e. a dress, skirt, blouse or slacks).
- Your creation must be no less than 80% recycled or usedgoods
- Your creation must not smell or be generally unhygienic.
- The contest will run until May 24. If you intend to participate, please email ManamaPAO@State.gov for details on submitting your work!
- If you intend to participate, please emailManamaPAO@State.gov for details on submitting your work!